Mark’s Favorite Keto-Friendly Hot Pot
Rokaru Shabu Shabu Owner Mark Ishii has been living the Keto lifestyle since September 2018. He’s lost 30 pounds since he started eating the ketogenic diet, which is a high-fat, adequate-protein, low-carbohydrate diet. The diet works by forcing the body to burn fats rather than carbohydrates.
Watch the video to learn how to make Mark’s favorite Keto-friendly shabu shabu combo.
MARK’S FAVORITE KETO-FRIENDLY HOT POT
Broth: Spicy Tonkotsu with black garlic oil
Ask your server for a side of butter if you want to add more fat to your hot pot. Butter is available for an additional charge.
Protein: Pork Belly
Carb: No carbs! Order Zuchinni noodles instead of rice, udon, ramen or multi-grain rice. You can also order shirataki noodles instead, which are made out of tofu.
Vegetables: Vegetable Plate - Remove the mochi, kombucha and carrots to make it keto- friendly.
1. Bring your hot pot to a boil.
2. Add in the vegetables. Let veggies simmer a minute or two.
3. Add in the pork belly. Make sure you swish the meat when you place it in the broth.
4. Immediately add in the zucchini noodles. Zucchini only takes about ten seconds to cook.
5. It’s ready! Enjoy all the deliciousness in your hot pot!
Hungry for more? This is only one of several keto diet approved options available at Rokaru Shabu Shabu in the Pearl City Gateway Shopping Center.
This Hawaii restaurants also options gluten free, vegetarian, vegan and MSG free menu options as well.
For more keto tips, check this out.
Reservations are available for parties of 4 or more.
Call us today at (808) 455-3000.