Menu Highlight: Kauai Shrimp
At Rokaru Shabu Shabu, we take pride in supporting local businesses. That’s why our menu includes several locally sourced ingredients, including the very popular Kauai Shrimp.
According to the Kauai Shrimp website, Kauai shrimp are raised in pristine, well sourced, salt water and fed a high quality diet with NO chemicals or antibiotics ever used.
“Our farm and hatchery use sustainable hydro-electric power to operate all electrical systems in the production of Kauai Shrimp.” explains Kauai Shrimp Company. “Well sourced, pristine, saltwater is filtered through the volcanic sub strata of the island for use in the shrimp ponds.”
Combine all this with Kekaha's sunny weather and West Kauai aloha, and you have simply the best shrimp you’ll ever taste.
Of course, we recommend eating Kauai Shrimp in your favorite broth at Rokaru Shabu Shabu. Kauai Shrimp takes about a minute or two to be cooked to perfection in your hot pot.
Here’s Ten Shrimp Facts
1. One billion pounds of shrimp are eaten every year by Americans.
2. A shrimp can average about 6 inches while the longest ever found was 16 inches!
3. Some shrimp can live as long as six and a half years, while some only live about a year or so.
4. There are 16 different stages of life are found in shrimp from egg to full adult.
5. There are over 128 species of shrimp.
6. Every shrimp is actually born a male and then become females as they mature.
7. The name for raw, uncooked shrimp is “green”.
8. The pistol shrimp can deliver an explosive attack hotter than the surface of the sun and loud enough to rupture a human ear drum.
9. Shrimp is low in fat and high in protein and a moderate source of omega-3 fatty acids
10. Crustaceans including shrimp have more sodium and cholesterol than other seafood products.
Kauai Shrimp is available as an ala carte item, a shabu shabu set or in our AYCE option + local meats, seafood and select pupus.
Check out our menu here.
Reservations are available for parties of 4 or more.
Call 455-3000 to reserve your table today.
Rokaru Shabu Shabu is located in Pearl City Hawaii, only a 15 minute drive from Honolulu.
Find us in the Pearl City Gateway Shopping Center, next to David’s Bridal.